We have had a very successful first few weeks of school. We have a few updates and reminders for families:
1. School Uniforms are to be worn every day: Navy collared shirts and khaki bottoms. Please prepare for the colder weather: Sweaters and Sweatshirts must be navy or white.
2. Morning Drop-off: Supervision in the morning begins at 7:35 am. Please follow the traffic guidelines in the morning. Be sure to remain in the lane you enter. Please pull all the way forward. Children should exit the vehicle only when staff signal to let children out. Left lane exits left towards Perkins Street and children exit the vehicle on the driver's side. Right Lane exits right towards Grove Street and children exit the vehicle on the right. Please help us to keep our children safe and follow the traffic guidelines.
3. Register for COVID-19 Testing for School: https://www.cic-health.com/consent/ma#consent The Gilmore will offer the Test and Stay Program along with all other BPS Schools. If you have not registered for this program yet, please use the link above. If your child is identified as a close contact while in school, this allows your child to remain in school until they are a confirmed positive case.
4. Gilmore Open House: The Gilmore School is excited to host an Open House this Wednesday, September 29th from 5-7 p.m. In an effort to maintain more physical distancing, we kindly ask that families with the child's last names beginning with A-M attend between 5:00-6:00 p.m. and last names N-Z between 6:00-7:00 p.m.. This will be a parent only event and masks are required. We look forward to seeing you.
5. Mark your Calendars for Upcoming days
- October 7th - Early Release 12:15 pm dismissal
- October 11th - No School - Columbus Day
- October 21st - Early Release- 12:15 dismissal
Thank you for all of your continued support and cooperation in the school year! We look forward to learning along with you.